Sunday, May 2, 2010

Reflections

The amount of bugs that gets plastered to our windshield and front grill is mind-blowing. We have to wash the window at least once, usually twice a day.

We use two gallons of water every 24 hours.

Kitty has a very regular digestive system. It must be the greens in her cat food.

Farms are beautiful.

Pennsylvania and Iowa have been the most attractive states we've visited thus far.

$10 is the most I will spend for a campsite, but I'm okay spending $70+ on a hotel.

Mateo and I are totally obsessed with the cuteness & perfection of our kitty.

I prefer my coffee black, medium roasted.

I'm afraid of the noise raccoons make. Mainland wildlife scares me.

I get depressed when my grocery shopping expectations are unmet (i.e., shopping in small town grocery stores with items full of high-fructose corn syrup) I go crazy with excitement in co-ops and whole foods type grocery stores.

Never put wet shoes in a plastic bag overnight.

I've decided to accept and appreciate Mateo's Android touch-screen expensive phone for its ability to surf the net while lost in the middle of a corn field.

Mateo is entirely more rebellious than me. I'm actually kind of a total rule follower.

Kitty does better freely roaming in the car than in her travel carrier.

Iowa has grass to rival Kentucky.

Spring is the best time to travel.

-CB

2 comments:

  1. Aloha,
    Look for “Whole Foods” stores on your travels. More than likely in big cities, but they have a huge selection of health foods. We always shop/eat there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looooove Whole Foods. we stopped in Iowa near the university and shopped at a well stocked co-op. Have yet to see a whole foods on our route, we are mostly in really rural areas. I can't wait to get back to Hawaii. They opened a whole foods on Oahu while I was away in Italy. I might even want to get a job there for the 20% off employee discount. I spend too much every time in whole foods.

    ReplyDelete